Encyclopedia defines addiction as “Habitual repetition of excessive behavior that a person is unable or unwilling to stop, despite harmful consequence“.
Millions of youth are living with daily turmoil of being hooked up on drugs. Most of this addiction can cause painful problems affecting your health and social lifestyles. In fact, many drugs addiction often harbor negative feelings about oneself. Some of this addiction grew up in families where their own parents were drugs addiction.
Taking drugs only compounds a person’s problems; has thinking and emotions now become even more wrapped.
Major Causes Of drugs Addiction
* Parent influence Many youth today follows the footsteps of their parent. Parent sometimes don’t know that their action can affect the way their children thinks and behave. Children see their parent as a mentor which allow them to think most habit done by their parent are always right.
* Peer influence Drugs addiction are common among friends, especially when we mix up with the wrong one’s. Those friends maybe aggressive, they wouldn’t take no for an answer, they will like to see how far you can go.
Most of the times wrong things always present itself which is sometimes hard to reject. Peer influence can really have powerful influence over us.
*Media influence Use of drugs are mostly portrait in TV shows or movies as part of society trend. Drugs gangs and buyers are acted by popular movie actors.
Video games also focus on storylines base on drugs. On TV and movies it’s always made glamorous and exciting.
*Environmental influence Most environment encourage the use of drugs like tobacco, Indian hemp, cocaine and marijuana. Several youth in those environment are nearly introduce to drugs at early age. Most youth are even offered free drugs and once they are hooked, they had to buy them.
Consequences Of Drugs Addiction
* people who are addicted to drugs destroy significant amount of mental capacity
* Drugs addiction is also associated with increased acne, premature wrinkles of the skin and weak havoc on nervous system like: The liver and The heart
* Ruined friendships, poor performance at school or at work
* Excessive drugs like tobacco or cocaine can deprive the brain of oxygen, vital bodily functions to begin to shut down. Symptoms like: Vomiting, unconsciousness, slow or irregular breathing, in most case death can result
* Vulnerable to all kinds of assault like murder, violence and theft
* Criminal records: Arrested and jailed for drugs position and trafficking
* Ending up in mental hospital or rehabilitation center
How To Quit Drugs Addiction
* Don’t blame anyone for your addiction Taking full responsibilities of your action is the first steps of breaking free if drugs addiction. Your biggest problems might be admitting that you are addicted.
* Identity the effect it has on you Ask yourself “what really can you really gain from drugs“? Addiction to can lead you to poverty, the cost of money, loss of friends and families, and loss of other people respects.
* Find upbuilding association
When life around you is chaotic you can lose sight of what is not normal by association with people who are spiritually and emotionally healthy.
* Be convinced Write down your reasons for quitting, and review this list regularly
* Get help If you’ve been smoking in secret, now is the time to come clean. Tell those that you can trust about your secret and ask for their support
* Set a quit date Give yourself two weeks or less and mark on your calendar the day you are determined to quit. Tell your family and friends that you are quitting on that day.
* Avoid triggers Stay away from situations and places where you would be tempted to smoke. You may also need to cut off social contact with associates who are also addicted to drugs.
Hope this article help you on how to break free from drugs addiction. Please feel free to let me know what you think